I have been seeing myself as a vegan-with-cheese, but I wanted to give a go at going full vegan, so I purchased the Vegan Reset meal plan, which started August 1st, 2016. The recipes yield large portions, so I haven’t done all of them. I’m basically picking and choosing. And I happened to have had friends over for dinner so I still have been having drinks and cheese every now and then, too.
Although week 2 has been a little disappointing, week 1 was filled with really neat recipes. I especially liked this one so I’d like to share my version of it 🙂
- 1/3c cooked quinoa
- 1/2 a cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 a grapefruit
- 1c aragula, roughly chopped
- 1c spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 TBSP pistachios
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 green onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mix the cucumber with the grapefruit wedges, quinoa, green onion and vinegar.
- lay out the greens in a bowl, top with cucumber mix
- squeeze the grapefruit juice on top
- sprinkle with the nuts