- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 generous handful of kale
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 TBSP toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 TBSP miso paste
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 c water
- Steam or boil the broccoli (5-10 min max in boiling water)
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts: add to a non-stick frying pan (no need for oil – they don’t stick) and move them around so they don’t burn. It goes pretty fast – a few minutes at most.
- Strain broccoli, and add to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients
- Whizz, whizz, whizz and… Ta da! You’re done!
This yields about 2 cups of a delicious pesto sauce, at about 55 cal/TBSP.
It’s really tasty on top of quinoa with some sriracha (Honestly though… What does NOT go with sriracha?!).
I like to add shredded lettuce for bulk and crunch. It makes for a really satisfying dinner at about 350 calories (1/3c cooked quinoa + 2 TBSP pesto).
Perfect for those down meals if you’ve overdone it the day before 😉
Equally nice+low in calories served cold with some zucchini noodles: