But there’s nothing healthy about fries you say, my nutrition-aware reader! Or, there is as long as they’re sprinkled with fresh parsley and lemon juice like those from that Greek restaurant (yes, Maureen, I’m talking about you!).
Well, try those parsnip fries. And if it’s your husband doing the groceries, you need to write: parsnips, 6 (white-ish vegetable in the shape of a big carrot).
- 6 parsnips
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- Optional: truffle oil and tarragon (fresh is nicer, but dry will do)
- Pre-heat the oven at 400F
- Peel+cut parsnips in the shape of fries
- Toss with olive oil and spices
- Lay on a baking sheet
- Roast for 20 min
- Turn the fries over and increase the heat to 450F
- Roast for an extra 5 to 10 min – just keep an eye on them after 5 min: this ensures crispiness but a minute too long and crispy turns into a disappointing burnt!