This is such an easy and delicious dessert – vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free… Perfect to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth! It has a velvety, tasty creamy texture that melts in the mouth. The amount of thickener used ensures a texture more on the softer side – if you like your panna cotta firmer, increase the amount of agar, but by tiny increments – the powder, especially, is a very powerful thickening agent.
- 1 coconut milk (I use the light one)
- 1/4 tsp agar-agar powder (not flakes! You can use flakes but ensure you do the right conversion as they are not readily interchangeable)
- 1.5 TBSP coconut sugar or maple syrup
- dash vanilla extract
- mixed berries – fresh or frozen (for serving)
- add all ingredients but the berries in a small saucepan
- bring to a boil while constantly whisking
- keep on a low boil, still stirring, for about 3 min (not too much more)
- pour in containers and let set in the fridge for at least an hour
- you can prepare this the night before and keep them in the fridge overnight before serving
- serve with fresh or thawed, frozen berries
- I set mine in a silicone tartlet mold like this one.