OK, these are good. These are so good. You can eat them hot or cold. As is or with any sauce. So good!
Inspired by Yupitsvegan’s recipe.
- 1 x15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained*
- 1/2c raw almonds*
- 1/4c each raw walnuts + cashews*
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked or not)
- 1/4 tsp each salt+black pepper
- 3×1/2c vital wheat gluten
- dash soy sauce
- 1.5c vegetable broth
*Possible substitution (for a smoother texture): replace the first 3 ingredients* with 1c walnuts+a cooked 1c green lentils.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- In a food processor, process nuts
- Add remaining ingredients, through salt + pepper
- Transfer to a mixing bowl
- Add the vital wheat gluten one 1/2c at a time, mix well, using a fork
- Add liquids until no pockets of flour remain
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, or use a mini muffin silicone pan
- Drop TBSP fulls of batter – it is quite soft, but you can roll balls
- Bake for 20 min at 350F, flip over, rotate tray and bake for an extra 15 min
Yields about 50 awesome vegan meatballs.
Serve with marinara sauce, or teriaki sauce, or use a simple cheese sauce that you can whip while the meatballs are baking.