I am very excited to share my first recipe!
These little muffins come out in the funnest shade of green. They’re perfect Saint Patrick’s treats.
Being French, I could not live my life without bread. And I run a lot, so I need my carbs. I also have read bunch about how evil gluten is, inflammatory and fattening and all so I try to keep it low.
- 1/4 cauliflower head, riced in food processor
- 4 big handfuls of kale
- 1/2c water
- 1/4 c apple sauce
- 1c almond milk
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2c flour (I grind my own whole wheat)
- 1c rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP ground flax
- 1 tsp each baking powder + soda
- Pre-heat oven for at least 15 min at 400F
- Process the first 4 ingredients, dump into a bowl, add the next 3
- Blend the last group in a large bowl, and add the liquids
- Bake for about 25 min – better to err on a little more cooking time as the batter is very liquidy
Serve with Scott Jurek’s soy-based vegan cheese; I’ll share that recipe later 🙂
This makes about 12 muffins at only 90 calories each!
ps: The hardest thing about this post was actually the photo, but what I read on http://www.crumblycookie.net/food-photography/ really helped.
My simplified take-aways: use a shallow depth of field + get the white balance correct.
Then, I looked at my favorite blogs for photo organization inspiration and ta da! The Hulk muffin. I need to wipe my lens, too.
Thanks for the helpful food photography tips, Bridget!