We are Costco fiends! Ever tried their Aussie bites? A sinful dessert disguised as a healthy snack… But you didn’t fool us, M. Jelinek, ha! Ha! Ha! Here’s a really simple, edited version – more energy, less fat and (way) less sugar.
10 min to prepare, 12 to bake – All done in less than half an hour.
- 1.5c rolled oats
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/4c ground flax
- 1/4c sunflower seeds
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2c apple sauce
- 2 TBSP each coconut oil + coconut butter (or just oil)
- dash vanilla extract
- 1/2c cooked quinoa (works well with millet, too)
- 1/2c unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/4c dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4c raisins (Works well with any dried fruits blend, really – today I used cranberries and blueberries)
- pre-heat oven at 350F
- process one cup of oats until pulverized
- add to a large bowl with all the other ingredients
- mix well – by hand is the best
- roll 1 TBSP worth of small balls, or stick that amount of dough in a mini muffin pan (x24, they fit 1 TBSP exactly!)
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Let cool for a few minutes
- Voila! About 26 pefectly sized little snacks, at 90 cal a pop.
How about my awesome Goodwill $2.99 serving plate – made of (ahem) a plate glued to a candle holder? I can’t get enough of it 🙂 I just need to keep making muffins… DARN!
Your serving plate is quite elegant!
Comments are closed.